I added to my position in Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) today at $1,757.76. It is now our 3rd largest position at this time.
Most of the same reasons for my previous purchases still stand.
We did quite well selling products for our Wondermugs business on Amazon.com and have increased our advertising spending to get our listings rank higher in Amazon’s shopping searches.. We expect to sell significantly more mugs this year than last year.
Some overall threats to Amazon are:
- Amazon.com’s will have more margin pressure from increased investment/competition from competitors such as Walmart, Costco, and Target.
- International expansion holds no guarantee of matching success as the US Market
- AWS is facing increased competition from strong competitors such as Google and Microsoft.
- Government pressure due to size and influence.
However, the positives are:
- Amazon.com dominates the overall e-commerce market with sizeable international growth opportunities for it’s marketplaces, advertising and devies
- Strong growth in devices to help keep and bring in new customers.
- Strong favorability with Generation Z.
- Increasing number of shoppers initiating their searchers with Amazon instead of Google
- Increasing advertising share and signups from 3rd party sellers on their platform, which helps the ability for Amazon to increase profits while reducing costs/burdens of selling inventory directly.
The stock currently trades at a PEG of 1.1 which is quite good and makes for a good buying opportunity.